The Lawrence County Health Department is committed to a wide range of community outreach programs for health education and services.
CONTACT: Ashley Wilks, firstname.lastname@example.org
Diabetes Prevention Program
Change for Life Diabetes Prevention Program
Have you ever been told by a health care professional that you:
- Are at risk for diabetes?
- Have prediabetes?
- Have high blood sugar or glucose?
- Have gestational diabetes?
You may be at high risk for type 2 diabetes but there is something you can do about it. The CDC National Diabetes Prevention Program can help you make a Change for Life. You will learn to change your lifestyle to prevent type 2 diabetes. Groups meet for 16 weekly sessions followed by six monthly sessions with a trained lifestyle coach.
To qualify you must be 18 years or older and have a BMI of at least 25 and have at least ONE of the following:
- Fasting blood glucose (range 100 -125 mg/dl)
- 2-hour glucose (range 140-199 mg/dl)
- HbA1c (range 5.7-6.4)
- History of Gestational Diabetes
- Score 9 or more on the CDC Prediabetes Screening Test
CONTACT: Ashley Wilks, RN, email@example.com
Diabetes Support Group
Healthy Living With Diabetes Support Group
- Second Monday of each month
- Open to the Public
- Light Refreshments Provided
- 5 p.m. at the Lawrence County Cooperative Extension Office
- 249 Industrial Park Road
Sponsored by Lawrence County Health Department, Three Rivers Medical Center, UK Cooperative Extension Services, Kentucky Homeplace and Lawrence County Health Action Team.
For more information call (606) 673-9495 or (606) 638-4389.
Harm Reduction Program
Tuesdays from 1-3 p.m.
108 W. Madison Street
Free and Anonymous Services including:
- HIV Testing
- Narcan Distributed
- Wound Care Kits
- Hygiene Kits
- Sharps Containers
Health Action Team (HAT)
- Group behavioral change that will result in improvement of diet, physical activity and tobacco free lifestyle.
- Unify health messages from the medical professionals by providing health education materials and continuing education programs.
- Improve the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of diabetes.
HAT members include Three Rivers Medical Center, Lawrence County Board of Education, Lawrence County Cooperative Extension Service, Pathways Mental Health Agency, Lawrence County Health Department, Kentucky Homeplace, Kentucky Cancer Program and other interested individuals.
KY-Agency for Substance Abuse Policy
Smile Savers Dental Hygiene Program
- Fluoride Varnish
- Sealant Placement – must have 6 or 12 year molars
CONTACT: Rhonda Collins, PHRDH, firstname.lastname@example.org
Teen Outreach Program (TOP)
Tobacco Education and Cessation
The Office of Vital Statistics does not have records of births or deaths prior to 1911, except delayed records of births for those born before 1911 which have been established by affidavits and documentary evidence.
Central registration of marriages and divorces began in Kentucky in June 1958. The Office of Vital Statistics does not have records of marriages or divorces prior to 1958. To inquire about marriage certificates prior to June 1958, please call the county clerk in the county where the marriage license was issued. To inquire about divorce certificates prior to June 1958, please call the circuit county clerk that granted the divorce decree.
CONTACT: Tina Savage, email@example.com